Harrell Horne Integrated School Preschool (Kinder 1) Experience PART 3

On Lessons. I was okay with the lessons being taught until I spoke to a friend who has a son studying in Manila.  In the first quarter when the Math lesson in HHIS was counting from 1 to 20, my friend told me that his son's school was already teaching them to spell from 1 to 50. I was amazed and worried at the same time.  Does it show how advance the schools in Manila are? Does it prove that provincial schools are really left behind academically?  I do not really know.  Well, I studied in Manila,  that's all I can say.

I will transfer my son to another school in Cavite. He took an entrance exam. His Math exam was from 20 to 50, what comes before, what comes after, what comes in between, and addition.  I was nervous he might not be able to answer it as those were not taught in HHIS yet but I knew my son could already count and identify numbers from 1 to 100; I was not just sure if he could write it.  To my surprise, he did well in his Math exam. Glad that he is a self-learner.

In Reading, he was asked to read words. According to the school teacher, their Kinder 1 students are already readers. Out of 20 words, my son was not able to read 6 words, making him a frustrated reader as per the principal. They were stuck in CVC words in HHIS. My son was only able to read more than CVC words because he likes to learn on his own. Glad he will take Kinder 2 in his new school.


On Extra-Curricular Activities.  They have performances on Buwan ng Wika (August), United Nations (October), Literary Festival (February). They kept on practicing for Literary Festival performance for almost three weeks that my son was already complaining to me " Ang tagal-tagal naman, paulit-ulit naman." They do these activities on Saturdays, which is nice so parents could attend. 

Their Literary Festival last February 2016 started at 6 o'clock in the evening having a 5 o'clock assembly time. What time did it finish? Kinder 1's presentation was finished before 8 o'clock in the evening, with the traffic and everything as we had to take dinner first at the mall, we reached home at almost 10 o'clock in the evening. How about the Grade 6 students and some others?  At 1 o'clock in the morning. Yes, this happens in a school where children's welfare should be prioritized. Good thing mine is just a Kinder 1 student.

All of these about Harrell Horne Integrated School are my opinion based on my experience in the school.  I believe I am entitled to my own opinion as I paid for my child's education; he did not study in HHIS for free! I just want to share so you would know in advance when you enroll your child in HHIS, so you won't have to expect too much as I did. Other moms have the same complaints as mine regarding the transparency in grades, but for others everything is okay. I guess I am just the only one who does not accept the kind of system the school has when there are so many other choices in Cavite.  My objection on the system of HHIS is because I want the best for my son, and I want him to receive our money's worth.  We are paying, then we deserve to receive good service, and better education.  We all have different opinions and different expectations, mine were just not met so my option is to leave.

You do not need to believe me. This blog at the same time might help HHIS improve their system, their process, their teaching method, and everything else, if they would take this as a constructive criticism. No single institution is perfect, they all have flaws which need to be corrected or improved, and so am I.

Compared to other schools in Cavite like Statefields, Cavite School of Life, Divine Light Academy, Harrell Horne Integrated School is more affordable, almost Php 20,000 difference from the rest. I wonder why private schools in Cavite are so expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...