Chicken Pox (Varicella) Vaccine

Before my dad had Guillain-Barre Syndrome, my son had already completed his vaccines.

In year 2012, our company gave a free chicken pox vaccine to all the employees.  I was vaccinated once.

In December 2015, I had chicken pox.  Since I was only vaccinated once, I was still not immune to it. The good thing was, I only had few blisters, 1 on my right leg, 2 on my left leg, 1 on my right arm, 1 on my tummy, 1 on the chest, 1 at the back, and the rest are on my head. Oooops, they skipped my face! I was worried because as we age, the regeneration of our cells slow down.  Unlike those I've known who had chicken pox at a young age, after two weeks, no marks left.

After 2 weeks, my son got chicken pox too. But since he was vaccinated twice, he had a booster, he only got one blister on his leg. That's it!

Oh, now I believe the effect of the vaccines but of course, it still depends on one's immune system. It depends on how your system will react to the  sleeping or dead virus that will be injected to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...