Harrell Horne Integrated School Cavite - Preschool (Kinder 1) Experience PART 1

I enrolled my son again for Kinder 1 at Harrell Horne Integrated School because I believed he really enjoyed studying in HHIS. BUT...I regretted it every single day that I had to bring him to school for rest of the school year.

Their supposed to be adviser left in early July for reason neither the parents nor her students know. Only when she came back in January that I learned she left for US to visit her sick mother. Since then, their teachers keep on changing. Sometimes, they have different teacher per subject, and we no longer know who their adviser is. 

It must be very stressful for 4 and 5 year old students to not know who their teacher is, and why their teachers keep on leaving. The reason given to them for this was  "Teacher is out of nowhere because of all of you," making them think it was their fault why they do not have a permanent teacher. They became the training ground of those newly graduated teachers who will be assigned in Negros Occidental.  After a month or two, when the training is over, the teacher will leave.

The progress card of preschool shows that it is based on teacher's observation, on how a child develops, how a child behaves, etc. How can a teacher observe a child if she will just stay for a month or two? In this regard, a child's behavior cannot be managed.  They wouldn't know what to do if a child misbehaves because they do not know the child well as they only stay for a short period.

Bullying at an early age. This broke my heart. My son was going home with a mark on the face, then the following day he will say that he was punched by a classmate, then another day, and another. He always tell me stories about his classmate punching him, stepping on him, but I did not hear anything from the teacher, no notes in the diary. So, I had to do it my way; I taught my son to fight back the bully because during the time when no one is there to step in, my son is the victim, helpless, with declined self-esteem. I had to break the values that I taught him, that it is never right to hurt anyone. As a mother, it is so hurtful that I had to retract what I taught him, for him to be able to learn to stand up for himself, so the bullying would stop, because inside the classroom, no one would care, even the teachers. And yes, he learned to fight back.  But where is the Anti-Bullying Campaign that should be implemented in every school?

One of his classmates even had to be brought to the hospital because of bleeding nose as a result of a punch by another classmate.  How terrible it is! No child psychologist intervention. This bullying never stopped until the last month of school year. I just didn't worry that much anymore as my son already know how to defend himself. 

The second part of my blog will discuss about the grading system of the school.

(Many times I spoke to the teachers, I wrote in the diary, but no action was taken.)

2 comments:

  1. We, parents protect our children (that's a known fact), and as a parent we need to observe, study, gather pertinent and valid information not just relying on hear says and "according to's" before we can conclude and JUDGE somebody's child or system based on our experience neither positive or negative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I have mentioned, my posts were based on my and my son's experience. These are "in my own opinion" only. I even contacted Department of Education regarding the school's system. I believe I am not judging, I am just sharing my experience.
    The punching and all were witnessed my mom and the mom of the one who hurt my son too. I even witnessed that same child hitting other kids too.
    I believe in two years, I've done much observation, analysis, data gathering, that's why I came up with the decision of transferring my child to a better school.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...