My Hypersensitive Son...

Skin Rash. For a first-time mom like me, it's shocking, panicking, and terrifying to see my son's face and body covered with red rashes.
It started with just a small dot which looked like an insect/mosquito bite, then after sun exposure and went in an airconditioned establishment, to my surprise, it grew bigger, and bigger, and bigger as day passed by.
He was prescribed with antihistamine - 'Allerkid', but nothing happened , so we had to rush him to the nearest hospital few days later when the rash almost covered both of his cheeks because I was afraid it might affect his breathing; then, he was given steroid. On the first take of Prednisone10, the spots started to fade.
"Hives", that's what my son's pedia told me. Cause? We did not know. Food? I guess not, because his food allergies easily subsides after taking an antihistamine. Most probably the hot weather because I have noticed that when he is exposed to sunlight, the rash becomes more red, and those fading rashes seem to be coming back to life, gosh!


Allergic to own sweat? Is that possible? Been noticing my son whenever he oversweat, his back gets burned, like sun burn. A day after, it will turn into rough scaly rash, will disappear after a week or two, with constant Physiogel Lotion application.
"Skin Asthma," that's what the dermatologist said. He was given liquid soap, lotion, and Avene cream, and it cost almost Php 4,000.00, shocks! What to do? No matter how much it costs, I am willing to pay just for my son's condition to get better. But so far, as per my observation, Physiogel lotion is still far more effective than those costly home-made derma products.

Food Allergies. I don't want to deprive my son of the good things, of the delicious food other kids of his age enjoy eating...like chocolates, cookies, oranges, etc. But what can I do? I have to monitor and control his food intake. I have to check his whole body first before introducing a new food, and after eating, I have to check him again if his skin reacts to the food he just ate.

Asthma. Excercise-induced. Whenever he gets tired, now that he is in the walking stage, expect what will come next. No carpet, no stuffed toys, no pet, no plants...He is given Montelukast before bedtime.
Yes, my son is hypersensitive, that's what his pedia said. If I can only create a perfect world for him, I would, because yes, I am a mother, and I am hurting to see him suffer. I just hope he outgrows it soon...

He might be hypersensitive but I will not let him be weak. I will still let him grow up just the same as the other normal kids so he could enjoy his childhood years.  I will let him enjoy those street games, run as fast as he can, laugh as much as he wants, and play as long as he could (I will just get ready with his nebulizer and vials, hehe).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...