The Sophisticated Dermatologist

My son's pedia was a bit worried of the red flaky rashes he has on his back , she wasn't sure if it was skin asthma or pulmonary manifestation that's why we were referred to a Dermatologist.

Okay then, that same day we went to the Derma. I showed the photo of my son's back the first day the rashes appeared, like a sun-burnt skin. Then she saw his back already in flakes. That was the time I have learned that it was 'Skin Asthma', never knew about it before.
I was expecting for an explanation, why it happened, what triggered the condition, what should we do, what are the foods he could and could not eat, and a lot more. But to my dismay, she did not say any, even a single thing about skin asthma. She immediately pulled-out a set of products from her drawer - lotion, cream, and liquid soap. The lotion looks like a home-made product labeled "Triamcinolone." - printed in blue 'Times New Roman' font, with edges unevenly cut (so home-made isn't it?). The liquid soap is also home-made labeled "Sorbolene." Lastly, the cream, a big Avene Cream, about 1 and 1/2 size of my whole hand, as if my son would be able to finish it, and it's of foreign language 'Akerat,' I don't know what's that.

I asked her how much was it all, and she just pointed me to her secretary. I though I had no choice but to take those products I had no idea about thinking it would treat my son's condition.

I was very very disappointed. Why? When I reached home, I read the box of Avene Akerat and it says that it should not be used to a child below 3years old, gosh, I told her before I sat in front of her that my son was only 15months old. Just to be able to earn, she sold the product even if it's not appropriate? One more, I researched on the internet about that "Triamcinolone" thing, and found out it is composed of 'steroids.' That doctor asked me to apply steroids on the whole body of my son whereas the only affected area was his back, grrr! Lastly, my son's face reacted on that 'sorbolene' soap, saw tiny dots on his cheeks.
I was asked to bring back my son to her after two weeks but I never did, I promised myself to never come back to her or referred anyone to her, I was very upset after our quick costly visit to that Sophisticated Dermatologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...